Don Bradman Cricket 14 Console Release on 3 April 2014 - Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum

PlanetCricket Forums

PlanetCricket Forums

Don Bradman Cricket 14 Console Release on 3 April 2014

Don Bradman Cricket 14 Forum - Developed by Big Ant Studios and published by Tru Blu. Released in April 2014 on PS3 and Xbox 360, coming to Steam for Windows in early June.

Thanks Tree10341Thanks

Old 12th November 2013, 10:17 AM   #2926 (permalink)
Administrator

PSN ID: saltiresfan
I'd call a December release high risk. Bottom line is that this series could be over by the 17th of December and whoever loses isn't going to make a great market for a new cricket game.
Old 12th November 2013, 10:24 AM   #2927 (permalink)
International Captain

Twitter ID: dmconnors Gamertag: dcgate Steam ID: dcgate Cricket Academy User ID: mrdconnors
and the "we don't have an ashes tie-in" line is a cop-out. it's the biggest cricket event in their two biggest markets in the next 18 months...

you think people in aus are gonna go "ashes, meh... big bash, i gotta get me a cricket video game"? or in england, we'll be like "didn't give a toss about the aussies last winter, but we've got sri lanka and india during the football world cup - where's my xbox??"
Old 12th November 2013, 10:26 AM   #2928 (permalink)
School Boy Cricketer

I agree that Dec could be a risk, but it will be Dec because time for a Nov release is running out!!!!
Old 12th November 2013, 10:28 AM   #2929 (permalink)
DBC14 Umpire

PSN ID: AWBiggs Cricket Academy User ID: Biggs
But what do the numbers on the helmets mean?... [/anythingbutreleasedateboredom]
isrararrafi and SnowyCasanova have said thanks for this post. Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 10:30 AM   #2930 (permalink)
International Coach

Originally Posted by blockerdave View Post
and the "we don't have an ashes tie-in" line is a cop-out. it's the biggest cricket event in their two biggest markets in the next 18 months...

you think people in aus are gonna go "ashes, meh... big bash, i gotta get me a cricket video game"? or in england, we'll be like "didn't give a toss about the aussies last winter, but we've got sri lanka and india during the football world cup - where's my xbox??"
I think the World Cup in Australia fits into that 18 month time frame but I see what you mean. I'm hoping the World Cup in Australia will be massive though.
Old 12th November 2013, 10:30 AM   #2931 (permalink)
Administrator

Twitter ID: mattwhitehorn Gamertag: whitehornmatt Steam ID: MattW19
1)was it ready to launch at the beginning, as we're told this game is? or did it just launch when it was ready.
It was delayed as far as I know.

But the point is, regardless of the specific release date, there will still be a heavy push of advertising while the Ashes are on, even if that's ads for pre-orders during the first test or two and ads for buying it in the other four or five.

We're obviously past the point of a pre-first test release, and I can't come to any conclusion other than an assumption that the day one patch not being completed as the reason for that - forgoing something we might speculate as the 'best' marketing strategy to get a better game out there isn't something I'm going to complain about.

Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
[/anythingbutreleasedateboredom]
Like you can talk. Total hypocrite. Still won't confirm the release date for Nicolas Cage Cricket!
dhump has said thanks for this post. Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 10:34 AM   #2932 (permalink)
County Captain

PSN ID: funnyadit
But from the interview it seems like they have arrived at a date for the release...So Ross will be having a plan in mind for the promotional activities of the game.....
Old 12th November 2013, 10:35 AM   #2933 (permalink)
International Captain

Twitter ID: dmconnors Gamertag: dcgate Steam ID: dcgate Cricket Academy User ID: mrdconnors
Originally Posted by Left_Hander View Post
I think the World Cup in Australia fits into that 18 month time frame but I see what you mean. I'm hoping the World Cup in Australia will be massive though.
ah... the odi game has no profile in england. a world cup will be bigger, but it will still be nothing to the ashes
Old 12th November 2013, 10:37 AM   #2934 (permalink)
International Coach

ah... the odi game has no profile in england. a world cup will be bigger, but it will still be nothing to the ashes
Really? Crowds for the games against Australia and the Champions Trophy seemed to be good. I agree though. I think most Australians would prefer to win the Ashes, especially considering we haven't won it since 2006/07!
Old 12th November 2013, 10:38 AM   #2935 (permalink)
DBC14 Umpire

PSN ID: AWBiggs Cricket Academy User ID: Biggs
Originally Posted by MattW View Post
Like you can talk. Total hypocrite. Still won't confirm the release date for Nicolas Cage Cricket!
Let's not have a Face Off over this...
MattW has said thanks for this post. Quote
Old 12th November 2013, 10:39 AM   #2936 (permalink)
Club Captain

Twitter ID: Crossy333 PSN ID: Crossy-333 Cricket Academy User ID: crossy333
I'm certain it will be out before Christmas as this makes sense. There are 3 tests in that time and regardless of what happens in those, cricket will be the major focus. Even if Aussies lose or play poorly. What better way to get revenge then in virtual world.
Old 12th November 2013, 10:40 AM   #2937 (permalink)
Administrator

PSN ID: saltiresfan
Originally Posted by Biggs View Post
Let's not have a Face Off over this...
Why is it when I click on your sig link I can pre-order a t-shirt but not a cricket game?

----------

Originally Posted by Crossy333 View Post
I'm certain it will be out before Christmas as this makes sense. There are 3 tests in that time and regardless of what happens in those, cricket will be the major focus. Even if Aussies lose or play poorly. What better way to get revenge then in virtual world.
If that's all you've got
Old 12th November 2013, 10:44 AM   #2938 (permalink)
Club Captain

Twitter ID: Crossy333 PSN ID: Crossy-333 Cricket Academy User ID: crossy333
Cool

Originally Posted by barmyarmy View Post

If that's all you've got
Just you wait until next week. We don't lose at the Gabba.
Old 12th November 2013, 10:44 AM   #2939 (permalink)
Administrator

Twitter ID: mattwhitehorn Gamertag: whitehornmatt Steam ID: MattW19
The weather usually makes sure of that.
Old 12th November 2013, 10:45 AM   #2940 (permalink)
International Coach

Is it sad that I'd consider buying a "this guy gets it" t-shirt?
Biggs has said thanks for this post. Quote

Tags Bookmarks
creepy santa, cricket academy, dbc14, max payne, santa Submit Thread to del.icio.us Submit Thread to StumbleUpon Submit Thread to Google Submit Thread to Facebook Submit Thread to Twitter