EA Cricket 2007 updates - Cricket 07 General Discussion Forum

PlanetCricket Forums

PlanetCricket Forums

EA Cricket 2007 updates

Cricket 07 General Discussion Forum - Discuss non-download related Cricket 07 things in here.

Old 26th March 2007, 01:01 AM   #1 (permalink)
ICC Board Member

EA Cricket 2007 updates

Hello, I am new to this forum. I gave up on EA's cricket games after 2005, but I have since got the internet and became aware of the many unofficial updates and improvements that people have made. I have read many negative comments on BLIC 2007 so I'm not too hopeful for the game when my copy arrives next week. What I want to know is:

1. Has EA Cricket got 360 degree batting, like the demo for BLIC 2007? I'm fed up with 2005 because your shots always seem to find the fielders, unless you hit it in the air. If not, is there a patch that implements it?

2. Are there updates for kits, faces, new stadiums, new rosters etc?

3. Does the CPU occasionally play defensive shots and do they look realistic?

4. Are the wicket keepers as retarded as they were in 2005, constantly giving away unnecessary byes and wides?

5. Are there patches for new sound effects and crowd chants?

6. Is there a career mode, where the year advances at the end and there are tests, ODIs and World Cup/ICC Trophy tournaments (if scheduled for that year?)

7. Are there stats that pop up by themselves, instead of having to dig them out of the menus?

8. What are the bowling/batting/fielding animations like?

9. What are the sound effects like?

10. Is there an appeal button and a leave button?

11. Does the ball come at you nice and fast, so you're actually challenged when batting?

12. Do pitches/weather change day to day? (In the case of weather, session to session)?

I could go on, but I don't want this to turn into an essay To sum up, do these patches and updates etc make EA 2007 into an enoyable, realistic (but not frustrating) and challenging cricket game? Do they make it into a cricket game worth blowing £20/£30 on?

Ahh, come on, someone answer? Don't tell me this forum's like the one at gamingaccess, where no one wants to answer my questions
Old 26th March 2007, 01:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
International Coach

1. They say that, but it didn't work. The ball still goes in the same spot. With the patch its a bit more playable.
2. Yes, there are new kits, faces, and rosters, no stadiums though. Just adboards, and crowd.
3. Sometimes. i find them hard to get out.
4. Yes.
5. Don't know.
6. No. There are tours. Ashes, and other tours.
7. The stats do update themselves.
8. bowling is the same as 05, everyone looks like rubgy players, or a whole bunch of Mathew Haydens. Some glitches in the field but improved over 05.
9. Terrible.
10. Appeal button- No. Leave button- Yes
11. Nope.
12. Visually yes. Doesn't make much of a difference to me though.
Old 26th March 2007, 02:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
International Coach

It's better than BLIC07 and I think your wrong with number 11 Pak........face Brett Lee or Shoaib on hard mode (5*) and the ball comes fast!

I say if your in need to get a cricket game get this!
Old 26th March 2007, 02:48 AM   #4 (permalink)
Banned

If EA could improve some little things and add online mode, they would have a great game.

The basics in 07 are great. Just things to make the game more like real cricket on TV.
Old 26th March 2007, 10:20 AM   #5 (permalink)
ICC Board Member

So, do the patches make EA 2007 a cricket game for EA to be proud of? If so, what is the best AI patch to go after?

Also, are there such patches for 2005 that fix issues such as the shot nearly always going to a fielder and fours being very difficult to hit. How about 2004?

Thanks for replying guys!

Last edited by MasterBlaster76; 26th March 2007 at 10:44 AM..
Old 28th March 2007, 06:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
School Boy Cricketer

try the stroke variation patch here ...it is just amazing... made the game really enjoyable... much more realistic and fun... you actually score runs all around the ground!!!